Wednesday 18 January 2012

Coast magazine

I've got a mention in this month's Coast magazine under the 'watch the pros' section. Never think of myself as a pro. The article is about living and working by the sea and how its lucky to have a creative career down here. In financial terms being an artist can be hard. Paint, canvas and framing cost a fortune, then there's studio costs and delivering work to galleries ( I've just been charged £95 for delivery of two paintings from Cornwall to a Bath gallery !!) .Added to that when a painting sells the gallery takes 45 to 50% of the purchase price. Painting is a labour of love I think.



This article mentions my next show, which is 'Cornwall and London from above' , at Cornwall Contemporary gallery in Penzance 6-30 April, with Neil Pinkett. www.cornwallcontemporary.com

No comments:

Post a Comment